Saturday, November 18, 2006

Washing Your Hands

Keeping busy and occupied keeps panic away...

I have been occupying myself with completing my thesis.

I have yet to swim and my body has indicated its need.

Another thing I've gained from the experience with A/PD (figure it out yourself) is "conversation" with my system (not body), and its not between my mind and system either!

The brain and body has become my buddy.

I 'talk' to it so that I know what it needs, what it doesn't want and what it's uncomfortable with.

If you are not comfortable with 'talking' to your body, try 'feeling' or 'sensing' or 'listening'.

Like I've said, senses get heightened and take advantage of it.

Wash your hands and feel the water engulf your hands. Feel the texture of your palms and skin as you wash them. Enjoy the slippery soap and feel each bubbles pop. For seconds, you can sense the world in your hands, know that you are alive and be grateful for it!

The experience will be much better if you follow the procedures recommended by hospitals. The procedure is usually pasted near wash basins (or sinks). Staying at a hospital for some time does make it a routine...Try it and make sense of it... You'll enjoy washing hands thereafter and you'll be surprised what can be learnt from a toilet!

No comments: