Sunday, November 26, 2006

Stiff Neck... Again!

What a setback!

Just when I was progressing well with my thesis and some work.... I got the stiff neck again!

This time, I became proactive and took precautions. I cancelled or postponed all my meetings... inform those concerned of my condition and took some medication to relax my muscles. It worked. No contractions, just muscle tiredness.

I guess I did not eat well enough when I took the jamu. I developed heartburn and hiccups... not to worry... I can handle that.

I became worried when I started to be uncomfortable in a crowd area. It's coming back to me again. In such a situation, my action would be- look down, don't look into the crowd; look at a familiar face- my wife. My hands are not tingling- i.e. no 'chills', so I'm safe. It's just minor 'cracks'. After a while, I'm back to 'normal'. To be safe, better get out of the place... so I told my wife about my discomfort and off we went--home!

It was actually a little bit too much today. Based on my assessment, I could not be out of the house to more than one place. I could only afford a place. But I can't let the condition control my life. So, I attempted to push it. Almost paid the price for it. Alhamdullillah, I managed not to 'crack'.

No comments: