Thursday, November 23, 2006

Special Mention

For today's post, I want to dedicate this space to my wife.














As of today, we have been married for 10 wonderful years and three beautiful daughters to show for it.

I've known her for thirteen years and she has been at my side all this while, even when I am at my worst state of alternating between cries and laughter at the same time. I can't imagine what it might have been for her to see her once assertive-confident-(probably arrogant) man become this whining-weak-useless man who cries and cries and laugh at the same time.

It was hard for her in the beginning and it took time for her to develop an understanding. But from then on, she has been very close by my side and I've never felt alone. (Sometimes I do, but its psychological. It's the disorder... blame the disorder...not me... it... it!)

She is my wings, my wind, the ground I walk on, and the anchors of my sanity... and there are several songs I could sing to her to express how I feel! But that's for her to listen to... (actually, I don't know how to insert music yet and in lazy mood to type in all the lyrics. easier to play the cd for her later...)

Anyway, I would like to share with you the importance of having someone close know what's going on with you. I took my wife to see the psychiatrist during one of my appointments and my condition and disorder was explained to her.

She gave me the space I needed... I really need more space as I gained 30kg (still not able to shed them) the year I had depression and anxiety disorder.

She learnt my body language... like when I begin to shake my feet furiously whenever an attack launches itself.... or when she wakes up to see me wrapped in my blanket...

She understands my codes... (see earlier posts)

To my sayang, I love you always...

No comments: