Monday, January 22, 2007

Stiff Neck...Not Again

I almost had a stiff neck again!

But this time, I'm fully aware that its an impending anxiety build-up. I assessed my situation and reason/rationalise the list of possible triggers.

Soon, the stiff neck begin to relax...

When we begin to understand the signs and signals that our body presents to us, we can manage anxiety build-up and prevent possible attacks. Knowing and appreciating the signs and signals alone are not enough. We need to understand that each episode have a trigger(s).

Our system responds to threat. For us, who has anxiety/panic disorder, it include abstract forms of threat that may not have direct impact on us but perhaps much later indirect impacts. In my experience, when I am able to rationalise those perceived threats or prepare myself to face them, my anxieties often dissipate.

But, as with all disorders, it does not work all the time, but most of the time. That's the reason for calling it a "disorder"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

relax brudder, jangan tension...