Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stiff Neck III

Life is just like a "box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get."

Chocolates are unpredictable. Sometimes it needs refrigeration, sometimes it does not.
Some melts in your mouth, others melts in your hands, and there are those that just melts.

Some like their chocolates bitter, others milky and sweet. Some have fruits dipped in them, while others dip in them.

Just like chocolates, our daily experiences can be unpredictable and for me uncertainty is the way of life. I will never know what I'm gonna get. Today is just another day...

So, I went to see a doctor at a clinic. I decided against consulting my usual GP, just to know the nature of my stiff neck...

The session went as usual something like this (may deviate from original conversation, but main idea is there + some theatrics for effect)...

What's wrong? Stiff neck... Have you had this condition
before?
Yes... But, this time there are muscle cramps, contractions and it
hurts... Did you injure your neck? No, I had stiff neck before, but
this time its different... the cramps are like those I experienced in my thigh,
and back muscles... ... Mmmm...

{I was anxious, so I flipped and let the cat out of the bag!}
I have a history of panic disorder... Mmmm... Are you feeling anxious
now?
Maybe that's the cause, so tense muscles. I'll prescribe you
some
relaxant... I have Xanax, but do you think it is ok to take
them. They were prescribed in 2003... They should be ok. Check the expiry
date. In that case, I'll give you a painkiller and see you again next week...
Could it be psychosomatic? Like what my GP says about my leg?... Mmmm...

I took the prescription and swallowed two tablets as prescribed at 14:48. At 15:15, no effects felt yet. Now: no effects. Oops... I forgot to mention that I've taken most kinds of painkillers (including Vioxx) and it doesn't work! {The painkillers I took were for my feet and ankle problem...that's another story...}

I get to feel RAW pain! It makes me feel ALIVE!

Surprisingly, the jamu worked fine. I don't have spasms, cramps or contractions today, but pain prevail...

Doctor consultation + medicine: $15
Jamu: Rp 5,000 ($1)
PAIN: Priceless...

No comments: