Friday, December 01, 2006

Flying Away

I will be flying... not out of the window, of course.

Such a proposition was enticing once, but not anymore. I experienced and understood the allure of the open window, saw the 'serenity' outside the window, but managed to remain anchored to life.

I chose life...despite its sufferings- for its pain, sorrow, loneliness, fear, and all the other 'negative' emotions/sensations make life more meaningful.

So, when I do laugh, I do it with a sense of gratitude.
When I smile, it's not happiness but an appreciation for the good things in life.

I'm flying, not out of the window, but to the island of green fields- the patchwork of padi fields to be precise- JAVA.

I will be there for about 6 days- a day short of a week.

Yesterday, I was uncomfortable ( and fearful) to be in my own living room and this morning, I will be sitting in a flight to Java. Amazing but true!

Life has to go on... I've work to do and the trip cannot be postponed.

I will be flying.

No comments: