Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today

I keep having a sense that today is special or that something is supposed to be happening. A meeting? A gathering? A submission deadline? A celebration? A birthday?

But I can't remember what it is.

14 December 2006. It looks special to me, but what?

14122006? 141206? 121406? Beats me! Cracking my head too much to figure this out.

Special days. What are they? When I wake up, it seems like any other day... like New Years Day, Chinese New Year Day, Deepavali, Christmas... and yet someone do find these days special. I know Hari Raya is special as I have to attend prayers at the mosque in the morning... I know birthdays are special as I have to figure out what gifts or surprises to get. Other than that a special or holy day is what we make out of it.

I have my good days and not-so-good days. The good days are always special as I can lead a comfortable life without anxiety or panic.
The other type are those that I dread yet find them special as it makes me realise that all the good things are worth living for.

I went to VivoCity/HarbourFront again last evening. Its a convenient place to do banking and pay bills as all the banks I've accounts with are there. But after an hour, I started yawning.
Getting out of breadth again! What luck! Today I'm fine... breathing under control... anxiety in check... so its a special day! Time to celebrate!

No comments: