Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When you ask, God gives. Will you take?

It has been an amazing few months when there were a few coincidences that occurred within such a period of time.

I had been wanting to help a school for kids who have been labelled as "not academically inclined", and I will meet a friend soon to discuss how best I can contribute to helping these kids. Frankly, its about empowering them and facilitating their own self-motivation. I can't help them, only they can help themselves.

I had been feeling the need to expand my programmes to another madrasah, and soon, God willing, I will be in discussion with another madrasah.

I had been wondering about my capacity to write in Malay and present it in a conference. In two weeks' time I will be in Brunei to present a paper in Malay.

I had been curious about a national mentoring conference, and on 21 November, I will be co-facilitating a workshop on mentoring programmes.

I had been asking about my future pathway, and I was presented with two opportunities - one to give a talk at an established research institution and another to supervise two theses on cultural preservation. I took the latter and still pondering on the former. Coincidentally, the two theses are about preservation of cultural heritage - something that I have wanted to do for a PhD. Now, I will venture into the field again.

These coincidental opportunities do not come without challenges. I will be going for a second interview for a post I applied for about two months ago. This opportunity comes with a full-time position and a more stable income. However, I may have to postpone my venture into the field of cultural heritage preservation.

I asked, God gives and also challenges. What do I do?

6 comments:

mahsa said...

سلام کفشات خوب بودن!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Rachel Grace said...

Sorry, whats a madrash? feeling ignorant here :)

kawi said...

HI Rachel, A madrasah is an Islamic school where a range of subjects are taught including the seemingly secular ones.

: )